HOW IT ALL STARTED
This also marks our first year as business owners. I (Jenn) have always known that I wasn’t suited for the 9-to-5 atmosphere, instead preferring to interact with customers and be physically active throughout the day. I still spent some time in a cubicle, but I eventually made the decision step away from an office-based career path and take an operations position at a local gym. When that location closed as a result of the pandemic, I knew it was time to take the leap into entrepreneurship. If you follow me on social, you know that I’m pretty honest about the ups and downs of it all, but I wouldn’t trade it for a thing. I’m beyond grateful to have the opportunity and privilege to run a fitness studio where I get to see my favorite people – you! – every day.
Brandon can relate. As a member of the same gym where I worked, he was devastated to not only lose a place where he loved to work out, but also the close fitness community at that location. But that sparked (!) an idea: What if he opened his own gym? He reached out to me, and that led to a series of Facebook Messenger conversations (that still continue to this day), which turned into the business plan for Spark Fitness.
SINCE THEN, WE’VE:
- Weathered multiple shifting health regulations while continuing to deliver fresh workouts in a safe environment
- Built a luxe spin studio and welcomed talented instructors to our staff
- Upgraded our equipment and expanded workout options, to include turf and sleds, yoga, and step classes
- Participated in fundraising and awareness events like IceCycle and Buffalo Pride
- Grew our amazing Spark Family to almost 400 clients who each contribute to the positive & encouraging atmosphere that makes Spark Fitness the premier group fitness experience in WNY!
Brandon and I thank each and every one of you for being here – whether you’ve been here with us from the beginning, or just joined. August is a great time to be a part of the Spark Family, with special anniversary classes and giveaways on the schedule, as well as a website & app upgrade to make finding and booking classes even easier! Read more about these specials, and much more, below.
Share on our Facebook page – Did you pick the rosary, shot glass, or cash on your first birthday? IYKYK. We could probably be convinced to give away some sweet Spark Fitness swag if you have a funny story about first-birthday traditions (and better yet, pictures!) to share.
Meet Gary! He has been with us since we opened. Gary’s transformation includes losing over 20 pounds, developing a healthier relationship with food, increasing strength, and improving flexibility. His movement patterns have made significant progress and we are so thrilled to see these results firsthand!
SOME MORE ABOUT GARY
I joined because a couple of friends of mine told me that Brandon, who we used to workout with, was opening his own gym. At the time I was looking for a way to get back into a good fitness routine after COVID. I was also looking for group training classes because that’s where I found the most success when implementing a fitness routine. Spark’s opening came at the perfect time.
My favorite part about Spark is the fact that every day is different and we never see the same routine twice. I also love the support and push you get from the trainers and the others working out with you.
- Favorite food: Tacos 🌮
- Favorite quote: “Those that do not know their past are doomed to repeat it”
- Favorite hobby: Being a volunteer firefighter. I love being able to help people as well as be active in the community. 🔥 👨🚒
- Favorite exercise: Honestly, any type of traditional strength. 💪
We are so excited for our 1-year anniversary! We will be celebrating with some bonus classes on Sunday, August 14th!
Please call, message, or email us to book your FREE spot. We will be running a 9:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Spark class with Jenn Ickowski and Alexi Michael teaching! Zoe Elise Scott will be teaching a spin class immediately after at 10:45 a.m.
We also have some awesome vendors and giveaways lined up for the special day! See you there!
ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL OFFER (NEW CLIENTS ONLY)
New clients can sign up for our Anniversary Special: 2 weeks of unlimited workouts for $49! We’re upgrading our systems (more details below), so you can pre-register for the special between now and August 13 by clicking the button below, and we’ll reach out to collect your payment information after the upgrade.
- Those who pre-register and pay for the special by August 13 will be entered into a drawing for an additional 2 FREE weeks of unlimited classes!
- Start your classes anytime between August 14 and September 30.
- (The offer is available through August 14 and is not redeemable after September 30).
Jenna is no stranger to the Spark scene. She started out with us as a member and transitioned into an operations role with us. Jenna handles all things Spark, including fielding front desk questions, making those awesome eucalyptus towels, helping with bringing on new clientele and social media, and she’s even working on becoming certified to train classes! We ♥️ you Jenna!
A LITTLE ABOUT JENNA🔥
I got started at Spark because I like group workouts. When I used to walk into big box gyms, I would go into panic mode because I didn’t know what to do while I was there. Spark Fitness makes you feel so awesome from the minute you walk through their doors. Jenn, Alex, and Brandon make you feel at home but also help you achieve your fitness goals. I love that each day is different. Push yourself and you will be astonished with what can be achieved.💙💛
- Favorite food: Pizza 🍕or tacos 🌮
- Healthy choices: Nonfat Greek yogurt, buffalo chicken wing dip made with chicken and hot sauce
- Favorite workout day: Leg day
- Favorite quote: “Shut up, you look good”
COMING SOON: WEB & APP UPGRADE
To help make it easier to find and book classes, we’re upgrading our website and launching a brand-new Spark Fitness app this month!
- We are transitioning away from the Glofox app to a customized Spark Fitness app.
- On Thursday, August 11, our website will be unavailable in the morning. If you need to book a class during this period, please call, message, or email us so we can save your spot in class.
- When our app launches, you will be prompted to update your password and credit card on file. We’ll also send a reminder email so you’re ready to go on launch day!
Please let us know if you have questions or run into any issues with the Spark Fitness website or app. We want this transition to be as seamless as possible for you and we are always happy to help!